Golf Course & Professional Turf Sales Position-Massachusetts
Seed & Turf Management Products Distributor in Wethersfield, CT 06109 USA
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a highly motivated sales representative to maintain and develop golf, sports field and town/municipal turf sales in Western, Central and Northeast MA and surrounding areas. Relationships with clients outside of that territory will be considered. Must have the ability to self-motivate and work as a member of our sales team to complete the sales process from lead generation to client service after the sale. You will be the contact for client questions regarding products, responsible for creating solutions and process the sales transactions.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and execute sales plans to meet or exceed goals.
- Focus on growing existing client base and developing new clients and markets.
- Respond to inquiries and assist clients with the sale of products, bids and pricing on seed and turf maintenance products.
- Maintain product and pricing knowledge. Be aware of market conditions which might dictate a need for modifying product or pricing to meet client needs.
- Attend and assist with setting up regional trade shows and field days. Business expense paid travel to national and association conferences.
- Ability to perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned and work together with all levels of the company.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Highly self-motivated.
- Degree in turf management, agronomy or related fields preferred. Experience in lieu of degree considered.
- Established network of golf industry contacts and a book of sales in the territory preferred.
- Willing to train the right candidate.
- MA Pesticide Dealers License will be required (as well as anyu . Can obtain after hire.
- Knowledge of golf course maintenance operations and budgets.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Publisher, Excel). Willingness to learn Sage 100.
- Live within the sales territory.
- High level of enthusiasm, values and ethics.
- Possess a clean valid driver’s license and background check.
- Base salary plus commissions.
- Company matching 401(k) Plan.
- Medical Benefits, Group Term life insurance, Option for Eye and Dental Insurance.
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time.
- Company vehicle provided.
- Company Mobile Phone and Laptop.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Click here for an Employment Application