As Product Support Manager you will oversee client & vendor relations, marketing programs and other product related issues for the Turf division, as well as provide assistance with inventory management and regional turf product offerings. The scope of your job will extend to key areas such as: sales team & client interface, inventory management & reporting, shortage prevention, customer service and assisting with inbound & outbound delivery logistics.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all turf-related inventory items including timely procurement, maintaining proper inventory levels and product storage while maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Communicate with the sales team regarding weather- and agronomic-based sales opportunities.
- Recommend and assist in the creation of different levels of agronomic programs based on client needs and budget.
- Build a relationship with our supply partners and become the point of contact for vendor representatives for product- and program-related communications and appropriately disseminate them to the sales team.
- Maintain in-house product marketing materials and price list levels for the team.
- Work with sales team and vendors to create a marketing plan including website updates, print advertising and social media.
- Facilitate logistics of delivering orders to our clients and receiving returned merchandise back into the system if needed. Monitor and communicate back-order status and/or offer alternatives to out-of-stock products.
- Assist and attend trade shows, conferences, vendor-sponsored and client-hosted events.
- Obtain necessary state pesticide dealer licenses and complete yearly restricted use pesticide reports as required.
- Provide client support via telephone and in-person support to walk-in clients to our store.
- Position hours are 7:30-4:30 Monday through Friday with an hour lunch break. Arriving early or staying late may be required when demand dictates.
- Saturday hours (8:00-noon) during peak spring and fall seasons will be required but time off can be arranged with notice. The company is closed on Saturdays during the summer and winter.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Turfgrass Management preferred or 2 years equivalent work and education experience in turfgrass management and/or leadership position.
- Working knowledge of seed and turf management products.
- State Pesticide Dealers Licenses will be required. Can obtain after hire.
- Experience with Sage 100 or similar a plus, ability to learn the system will be required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher) or similar.
- Positive, team-oriented leader and able to be a unifying force.
- A minimum of 2 years in a leadership/supervisory position.
- Strong leadership skills and good negotiating skills.
- Must be very organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong time management and exceptional problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Some expense-paid travel to national trade, conference, cooperative and association meetings will be required.
- Maintain professional appearance and act accordingly.
- Company matching 401 (k) Plan, Profit Sharing.
- Medical Benefits, Group Term life insurance, Option for Eye and Dental Insurance.
- Paid holidays, sick and personal time.
- Established family-owned business engaged in the wholesale distribution of garden seed, grass seed and professional turf management products.
- Financially strong.
- Average employee service is 11 + years
- Located in the historic district in Wethersfield, CT with private parking lot and within walking distance of many restaurants.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Click here for an Employment Application